Tuesday, April 26, 2011

easter 2011

Easter is always such a great holiday. I love everything about it. I love thinking about the blessings of my Savior Jesus Christ. I love that spring is in the air. I love all the cute kids at church in their Easter outfits. I love eggs! I love being with friends and family. What is there not to LOVE!

Cruz and I started Easter morning with a yummy breakfast. Scrambled egg omelet. And yummy warm french bread.

I made Cruz a little easter surprise.

I wrote a love note. 

He was happy. When I brought it out to him the first thing he said was, awe... but I didn't get you anything.

I said, "I made one for me too!" 
(Easter baskets are kinda American... and so I guessed he wouldn't think about it.)
We also took one of these over to my Mom and Dad for Easter. My Dad was at church, but my Mom was home... since she is sick. She was so surprised! She loved it. It was actually the best part of Easter. 

We planned a little Easter dinner with our friends, and served up pulled pork sandwiches, with garlic green beans and almonds.  We also had....

Strawberry spinach salad, and deviled eggs.
It was my first time to MAKE deviled eggs. Turned out pretty good. Not as good as my Mom's, that we had the night before... but still pretty good. ;)

We made these little bundle of treats for our guests.

We had a blast playing games!

and coloring eggs.

I am always amazed at the creative people out there.

good times!

We hope that you all had a fantastic Easter and that it was very festive.
This pic is almost as silly as the one from last years Easter's post....see here.... at the very end. 

3 comments:

  1. That was cute you made him a basket! I didn't get John anything! Heehee... Yummy food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative and you guys are quite the hosts! Glad you had a fun holiday. -Elise

    ReplyDelete