Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas Memories { 2011 }

The Christmas season went so fast this year, but I loved it all the same. I love that it involves tradition, family and friends.

This year Alan's family was heading to San Diego for Christmas so we did a little Pre-Christmas party in the early part of December. My parents have continued with their tradition of giving nut-crackers for Christmas. This  year we got a adorable Santa one. 

Cruz is a HUGE fan of hot chocolate. We have at least one HOT CHOCOLATE party during the holiday season. 

A fantastic Christmas indeed. 
We had the biggest Christmas tree that I have ever had in my life.
We got our Christmas cards done, and put in the mail.
We visited with family all Christmas day, and learned that JJ really LOVES Cruz.
We had time off of work, 3 extra days was pure bliss.
We ate traditional Venezuelan food, and talked via skype to our family in Venezuela.
We played wii games, and laughed at ourselves.
We sang Christmas songs, even though we don't sing that well.
We went to Church with my parents, and heard their ward choir sing like angels.
We gave yummy treats to friends and neighbors.
We loved every second.

My highlight of Christmas was on Christmas Eve, when we were at my parents  home. At 7 pm, the neighborhood lighted Chinese lanterns for a lovely lady, a wonderful friend; who has cancer. She has been given 3-6 months to live. We (about 13 families) gathered outside her house, and then lit about a dozen of the lanterns into the air. (I guess, they do it in the movie tangled.) It is well wishes, good fortune and longevity. It was really simple, but such an overwhelming spirit of LOVE, friendship was there. It was seriously amazing. I believe it was a surprise for the family. Lots of hugs and well wishing took place. Something I hope not to ever forget.

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

And for new years... we went to our neighbors house played a bunch of games, and laughed our guts out. Then toasted the new year with styrofoam cups with a little peach sparkling cider. Not fancy, but all good. Oh, and the peach flavor sparkling cider is super yummy. The sad part we didn't even take one picture.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

  1. Christina,
    Hey! Long time no see! I think I found your blog somehow through my sister Kristen (maybe on FB?) Anyway, I have to comment...I love your blog. I love how much fun you have, and how creative you are. I really look forward to reading your blog. (I hope you don't mind!) You look so happy!
    I have a blog, but it is private--not that I write on it that much!
    Anyway, it is good to see that you are doing so well!
    I would love to hear from you sometime.
    Kodi (steele :)
    toadylynn at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete